Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 46 Meeting & Gratitude List

Shared at this morning's meeting that it's my birthday. The REAL one... Which lead to loads of "Happy Birthdays" from the fellow meeting-goers... Which lead to me saying that I've never really felt happy on it. Always in the shadow of the Fourth, this has been hangover day... While most friends are all off somewhere still celebrating the 4th, I'm actually perfectly content to enjoy some ME time... The challenge will come this week when I travel home to see the folks, as one program person has stated: "Nothing puts Miracle Grow on your character defects like family"... I'll spend some time today making a list of Maryland meetings while I have unfettered Internet access at home... It's a milestone, though, that this will be my first birthday in Sobriety... As I have joked to some friends... I drank enough in the first 50 years... I am grateful... * that I'm a healthy 51 today. * that I'm a healthy 46 days today * that there's a healthy doggy curled on my lap as I type this today. * that my folks are healthy today. * a healthy lunch today.

2 comments:

Scott W said...

You will be fine on vacation. If you need to, announce at a meeting there you need a temporary sponsor. Then you will have someone close by you can call when you get frazzled.

Happy BB Birthday!

dAAve said...

Family, expecially parents, are great at pushing buttons. After all, they installed them. You'll be fine. Say a prayer whenever necessary and sometimes when it's not necessary.

Post a Comment

Your Share Here