Friday, May 29, 2009

Sixth Meeting

Back to the Clubhouse on 46th for my sixth meeting in six days. Pretty full at 4pm. Pitch style... then pick. Already seeing familiar faces from other meetings there this week. I dunno if they count each day and each time slot a different meeting or not or if it's one group that meets regularly (is that clear?). One guy shared how it's Friday, and Happy Hour and he realized he likes drunks ... he's drawn to them... Bigger than life and people in meetings seem somber... Everyone laughed. I can sure relate... This is my first Friday Happy Hour since joining the program last week... And I am definitely kinda Jonesing for Joe and the Friday night saloon gang (people, places, things)....But I'm not doing that today... I remember a wise woman saying in a recent mtg at that same clubhouse: "if you keep going to the barbershop, you are gonna get a haircut".... Find myself avoiding choosing those really large gay meetings for now. Dunno why that is, but it's certainly ok... The take away: I like drunk people and am drawn to them", they are definitely the people in people, places, things that I don't need in my life today... Day count shared: 9 days sober. (Message composed on my T-Mobile Sidekick LX 2009 mobile device).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Share Here